Eligibility Criteria & the Membership Committee
The Membership Committee is an anonymous advisory body comprised of three individuals from major Canadian academic institutions across Canada. Agents.CARE staff and the Membership Committee are bound by a confidentiality Agreement to maintain any & all Agency information in strict confidence. The Membership Committee may advise Agents.CARE as to the agency’s reputation and history of business practice. Candidate Agencies will be granted membership providing they meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Candidate agencies provide 3 or more academic references of institutions to which they have sent students to (Canadian institutions preferred but not mandatory).
◦ If you are unable to provide 3 references from any country, please explain why in your application form.
• Candidate agencies must pass a Background Check.
• Candidate agencies must not have engaged in fraudulent behaviour or misrepresentation, which is grounds for termination of CARE Membership.
• Candidate agencies must be deemed eligible for membership by the CARE Membership Committee.
Unsuccessful agencies will be sent a ‘Letter of Recommendations’ and given 8 weeks to correct any deficiencies. However, the Membership Decision cannot be contested or overturned if the agency is unable to satisfy the recommendations passed by the Membership Committee. If an agency is not able to correct their deficiencies in the time allotted, they may re-apply for Agent Membership after 1 year.